By Alison E. Cooley
A Companion to Roman Italy investigates the effect of Rome in all its forms—political, cultural, social, and economic—upon Italy’s a variety of areas, in addition to the level to which unification happened as Rome turned the capital of Italy.
- The assortment provides new archaeological facts on the subject of the websites of Roman Italy
- Contributions speak about new theories of ways to appreciate cultural swap within the Italian peninsula
- Combines targeted case-studies of specific websites with wider-ranging thematic chapters
- Leading individuals not just make available the latest paintings on Roman Italy, but in addition provide clean perception on lengthy status debates
Read or Download A companion to Roman Italy PDF
Similar rome books
• the world over bestselling writer: Imperium used to be hailed as "quite in all probability Harris's such a lot complete paintings to date" ( la occasions ) and has bought rave stories from around the globe. Robert Harris's novels have bought greater than 10 million copies and feature been translated into thirty-seven languages.
Whilst the Jews revolted opposed to Rome in sixty six CE, Josephus, a Jerusalem aristocrat, used to be made a common in his nation’s military. Captured through the Romans, he stored his dermis by means of discovering want with the emperor Vespasian. He then served as an adviser to the Roman legions, working a community of spies within Jerusalem, within the trust that the Jews’ in basic terms wish of survival lay in hand over to Rome.
This publication covers Julia’s existence, and charts her travels in the course of the Empire from Aswan to York in the course of a interval of profound upheaval, and seeks the reality approximately this girl who encouraged such severe and contrasting perspectives, exposing the instability of our resources approximately her, and characterizing a sympathetic, brave, clever, and significant lady.
The civil wars that introduced down the Roman Republic have been fought on greater than battlefields. Armed gangs infested the Italian geographical region, mansions have been besieged within the urban, and bounty-hunters searched the streets for "public enemies. " one of the impressive tales to outlive from those years is that of a tender girl whose mom and dad have been killed, at the eve of her marriage ceremony, within the violence engulfing Italy within the overdue first century BC.
- Masters of Rome Collection Books I - V: First Man in Rome, The Grass Crown, Fortune's Favourites, Caesar's Women, Caesar.
- Roman Army Units in the Western Provinces (1): 31 BC-AD 195
- The Sword of Revenge: Republic Trilogy II
- Vespasian (Roman Imperial Biographies)
- Death and the Dolce Vita: The Dark Side of Rome in the 1950s
- Conrad II, 990-1039: Emperor of Three Kingdoms
Extra resources for A companion to Roman Italy
De. 2008. Civita di Tricarico. I. Quartier de la maison du monolithe et l’enceinte intermédiaire. Rome: École française de Rome. Cazanove, O. , eds, 2003. Sanctuaires et sources dans l’antiquité: les sources documentaires et leurs limites dans la description des lieux de culte. Naples: Centre Jean Bérard/ Collège de France. Colonna, G. 1992. ” In La civiltà Picena nelle Marche:studi in onore di Giovanni Annibaldi. Ancona 10–13 luglio 1988, ed. M. Dardari, 92–127. Ripatransone: Maroni. , ed. 2002.
Eds, 2001. Italy and the West. Comparative issues in Romanization. Oxford: Oxbow. Kleibrink, M. 2001. ” Bulletin Antieke Beschaving 76: 33–70. 30 Elena Isayev La Regina, A. 1980. ” In Sannio: Pentri e Frentani dal VI al I sec. , 29–42. Rome: De Luca. La Regina, A. 1981. ” Archeologia e Storia Antica 3: 120–37. La Regina, A. 1984. ” In Sannio: Pentri e Frentani dal VI al I sec. C. Atti del Convegno, 17–25. Campobasso, Edizioni Enne. La Regina, A. 1989. ” In Italia omnium terrarum parens: la civiltà degli Enotri, Choni, Ausoni, Sanniti, Lucani, Brettii, Sicani, Siculi, Elimi, 301–432.
B. Knapp, 210–32. London/New York: Routledge. Rix, H. 1991. Etruskische Texte. Editio minor, 2 vols. Tübingen: G. Narr. Heidelberg: C. Winter. Rix, H. 2002. Sabellische Texte: die Texte des Oskischen, Umbrischen und Südpikenischen. Roth, R. , eds, 2007. Roman by Integration: Dimensions of group identity in material culture and text. Portsmouth, RI: Journal of Roman Archaeology Suppl. 66. , eds, 1987. Centre and Periphery in the Ancient World. Cambridge/ New York: Cambridge University Press. , ed.